Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I think enough time has passed.

I can finally talk about BYU's defeat in the NCAA tournament without crying.

I'm kidding.

But actually, I've been saving a few text conversations about this game on my phone for this very blog post, and I'm excited to share them with you.  Mostly I'm excited to share them with my sister Megan who will be the only person who will truly appreciate this for what it is.  (And I'm excited to share it with Sara when she quits being an amazing sister missionary and comes home and has time to catch up on my blog, which I'm sure will be her NUMBER ONE PRIORITY.)

Picture this.

BK and I are sitting on the couch watching the game.
My parents are sitting on their couch at their own house two hours south of mine.
I'm having separate text conversations during the game with each of my parents.

Here is my conversation with The Colonel:
Him: Garbage!
Me: Don't give up. Jimmer will show up soon.
Him:Waiting...
Me: The cougars are deciding to show up to play!! yay!!
Him: Hooah!
Me: Ball doesn't lie...Welcome back, Jimmer.
Him: Bring it
Me: Settle down, brethren.
Him: Boo! I have a bad feeling
Me: I think the refs should start calling fouls or this game is going to get out of control.
Him: Now he is back.
Me: It's Jimmer time.
Him: He needs to get angry
Me: Anger is key to success
Him: Get the ball!
Me: I might have a heart attack. This could go either way!!
Him: Exactly.
Me: Excellent defense, brethren.
Him: This stinks
Me: It's now or never...
Him: Yikes
Me: :( Good game though. Jimmer ran out of steam.
Him: We missed opportunities but we tried.


At the same time I was also having the following conversation with my mom.
Me: Are you watching like you promised dad?
Her: I am!
Me: Rise and shout!  Jimmer is probably tall enough for megan...
Her: His jump shot is extremely flat.
Me: His layups are incredible.  Landon just said "I'm a-posed ta be (supposed to be) takin care of polar bears." after seeing the La Quinta commercial.  Also, Landon is predicting a cougar victory.
Her: How has his prediction success rate been in the past?
Me: I don't have any current statistics...
Her: Hmmmmm.....  Florida's team is HUGE.
Me: The humidity? Bugs are bigger in Florida...
Her: They should be killing us.  We look like midgets. I hope we get to play the Badgers.
Me: Wisconsin's colors are red and they have a big white guy with bright red hair.
Her: Plus, they're badgers and whatnot.
Me: Right.  That's obvious.
Her: Let's give him four points for that one!
Me: Or 50!!!!  Should we name our next child Vernon?
Her: I think the Cougs showed amazing restraint at the end of regulation play.
Me: I agree whole-heartedly
Her: The Gators aren't even green. Shall we root for the badgers now?
Me: No. Badgers are sort of weird animals.
Her: Well, Blue Devils are weird, too.  I'm sticking with the Badgers.
Me: I think there's still at least ten other options...
Her: Oh, right. I'll have to figure out what those are and then decide.


BONUS:
The following conversation happened during the a Saturday session of general conference.

Her: Your move! [on words with friends]
Me: Your move!

Then at the exact same time, I received two text messages.

The first one from my dad: Pay attention.

The second one from my mom: Don't listen to dad. It's Saturday and it's your move.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
You're welcome, Megan.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...