And now that I received a phonecall yesterday, informing me that our loan has been approved, I can tell you all about it!
To make an insanely long story short, BK isn't taking the job he originally thought. He then felt strongly that he should take an interview in a different city altogether than our original plan to stay in Dallas. I wasn't completely convinced, but as time went on, I really started to see how everything was falling into place. The job offer he ended up getting in the different city turned out to be exactly what we needed. And so we bought another house! (We were still in the contract period on the house in Dallas, and so, thanks to a financing contingency clause, we were able to get out of it and get our earnest money back!) We found a subdivision 7 minutes away from the hospital BK will be working at. We will be living about 30 minutes away from my parents.
We were going to look into building, but as the sales person showed us a few never-been-lived-in inventory homes so that we could get a feel for the floor plans, we fell in love with one of them. Turns out houses are a LOT cheaper in this town.
Check out our new place! We are set to close on this lovely house in the middle of next month!
Floor plan: (Click to enlarge!)
I am in love with the back porch:
They have since sodded the back yard--thank goodness.
Breakfast nook!
Dining Room!
Kitchen! (And since this picture has been taken, a matching fridge has been installed!)
Front door!
Flowerbeds!
Living Room!
Master Bath!
Loft/Playroom
The house is 4 bedrooms + a loft, 2.5 baths, and is about 2400 sq. ft. We absolutely love it, and can't wait for our little boys to have a little more room to wreak havoc upon...It's interesting how you come up with an amazing plan, and it's in a subdivision in a very popular part of Dallas, and you're so happy thinking, Wow, I'm getting everything I want... and then suddenly the Lord says, "Well, your plan is great, and if that's what you want, we can make that work, but let me show you a different idea..."
And, as
(Have you checked out Pinterest yet? You can check out my home decorating ideas here. Send me an email if you want to start a Pinterest board of your own, and I'll send ya an invite!)









