Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Change! A Change!

Remember how we have a family theme?

Well, at church last week, they announced that as a women's group we could participate in a month long study of the scriptures.  And just in case we couldn't think of anything to read about, they included a four week study guide about charity and service!

And I thought--this fits perfectly with the theme!!  I love themes!!!

Anyway, they encouraged us to write down thoughts and impressions, and I debated about whether or not to include mine here, but I decided that I would.

I love blogging.  I love connecting with other women, moms, wives, whathaveyou.  But it's not the main reason why I write.  I print off my blog every year in hopes that someday, when my children discover that I'm actually a real person with real feelings (Wait. Does that ever happen?) that they might want to get to know me better.  It's where I record not only the happenings of our lives, but with it, my personality.

I worried about the people who read my blog who might not care about my religious musings.  And then I laughed at myself and thought, hello, Amy.  What better thing to leave for your posterity than religious musings!

So anyway, read if you would like.  If not, maybe I'll have something more entertaining for you another time.

In related news, I've been going back and forth for awhile now about turning my comments off.  While I have actually never been offended (at least seriously offended anyway) by my comments, I think by turning them off, I can ignore the "audience" and just write what I want to write.  (I'm of course always available by emailing if you have something you're dying to share! amylynne09 at gmail)  Every once in awhile, I think I will turn them back on again, but for the most part, they will be off.

And right now for the next little while I want to write about Service and Charity.  And anything else exciting that happens.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...