BK on our 4th wedding anniversary--2007
I decided the other evening to forgive BK for forgetting our engagement-anniversary.After all, it wasn't exactly his fault that Valentine's Day, our engagement-anniversary, and our actual anniversary are all within three weeks of each other.
And to think, our original plan was to get married on my 19th birthday in July... I'm so glad it worked out that I didn't get my birthday/anniversary merged into one holiday for the rest of eternity...
I'm a firm believer in having as many days a year to celebrate myself. There's no need to merge days if you don't have to.
Anywho, so I decided to forgive him.
We don't have any major plans for our actual anniversary on Tuesday. (8 years!!)
Maybe I'll weasel one of my friends into watching my children for an hour or so and take the man out to dinner.
Maybe I'll just make a nice dinner.
Who knows.
I was looking through some pictures of the two of us from long ago. I had a few thoughts while reminiscing:
1) MAN, we were YOUNG! And we were. I was 18, and BK had just turned 22. And I remember thinking how old and mature he was. At 22. HAH!
2) BK is a really good-looking guy. Especially when he first got home from Iraq. That man had a lovely (farmer's) tan from working outside in 120 degree whether. Homeboy also had nothing to do overseas but work out at the gym every single day (besides PROTECTING AMERICA of course...). He's still good-looking. He's just mad at the world because he's lost weight during school. Poor, poor BK.
3) I have had a lot of different haircuts. Short, long, and everything in between. BK doesn't really notice and/or care about what my hair looks like. I think. I'll have to ask him.
4) We've had a lot of really, really great times together. I've gotten to do everything I've wanted the past eight years: finish school, travel, have babies. I'm a lucky girl.

