Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Story for the Grandkids--Part VII

After a week and a half (which seemed like years) I woke up one morning with an answer. It was time to make a brief appearance. I knew that BK would be leaving his humanities class in a few hours, and I knew just where to find him. I, of course, got all dressed up and went to wait for him.


As he walked down the stairs, I noticed he was wearing my favorite blue shirt of his. It had been days since I had seen him, and I just watched him for a few seconds before making my appearance known. He really was incredibly nice to look at.


I came from behind and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked very surprised to see me. Turns out we both (conveniently enough) had some homework to do, so we headed to the computer lab in the SWKT to work on our various projects. I asked him how school was going, etc. and we had a good time studying together. We left the computer lab and started walking. When we were dating, BK always made sure that I never walked home in the dark by myself, so he always had me walk home with him and then he would drive me home. But since we were broken up, it was kind of an awkward situation when we reached the fork in the path where he would need to walk one way to go home and I would need to go the other way.

After an awkward pause, I recovered and said, "Okay, well I guess I'll see ya around!" I turned around to walk away and BK said, "Wait! Umm. I mean. You can't just walk home by yourself. It's dark. And I mean, have you even eaten dinner yet? Why don't you just come home with me, and I'll make you dinner, and then I'll take you home."

I smiled victoriously and then turned around and acted like I had to think hard about that decision. "Sure," I shrugged. Oh, don't you just love the games you have to play when you're dating! We had a good conversation on our way to his apartment. He fixed me dinner, and when I say fixed me dinner, I mean he put together a pasta-roni. Right after the last bite was had, I announced I was ready to go home and do homework. BK was shocked. Usually I was always begging him to stay longer. I chuckled to myself at his surprise, as he rummaged around trying to find his keys.

His car was parked around the block. Right by his car was a huge pile of leaves. BK suggested that perhaps one of us should be buried in the leaves. So I jumped in and he covered me all up, except for my face.


He stood there looking at me for a second, like he wanted to say something, but then he for whatever reason decided against it. We pulled up to my dorms, I thanked him for dinner and hopped out. I didn't call him or go to see him the next day.
The next night I received a phonecall around 1 in the morning. It was BK. I felt like I should take the call. He immediately apologized for calling, but said it was important. I pretended to be mad that he was calling, but said that I guess I could let him talk.
In another nervous middle-of-the-night rambling paragraph BK said:
"Amy, I've just really been thinking and praying about things. I got my answer. When you came to see me yesterday, it just hit me. You're exactly what I need in my life. When you were all buried in the leaves, you just looked so cute, and I just knew that there was no one else I would rather be with. I want to be with you forever. I want to get married next summer. And umm, I guess that would of course require us to get back together--if you're okay with that, I mean. If you need more time..."
I immediately told him that I completely agreed with his answer. Right before we got off the phone, he said, "Oh, and one more thing. So does this mean that you'll go with me to Tara's wedding?"
I agreed to that, too. We went to her wedding that weekend, happy and completely in love again. We were so excited that we knew that for sure in a few months it would be our turn to get married, too.
Oh, and BK made up for the whole homecoming disaster weekend by letting me take him to Preference.


And although I told him he didn't have to talk to my dad about anything official yet, he bought a ticket to come to Texas during Christmas break.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...