1. I've been pondering lately about hope. All of the sudden it dawned on me that the reason we should have hope in any situation isn't because is will change the outcome--but because it will improve our quality of life in the present. Duh, right? I'm not quite sure why this just dawned on me all of the sudden--it's not like there's anything I'm hopeless about right now, but I'll just tuck away that little nugget for when I need it next.
2. I'm sort of done feeling guilty for "slacking" in some areas of my life. This just dawned on me last night. We've sort of had a rough past couple of weeks, with reasons including, but not limited to: Spencer cutting four teeth, Landon pushing every single button I have, BK having some busy work days because co-workers were out of town, me not feeling 100% since my children have been waking up several times a night each night for the past two weeks and then deciding to wake up for the day at 5:45am, Spencer throwing up, Landon having a cough--I could go on, but I'll stop. I've been a little flaky in some other areas of life, and I was sort of beating myself up about it, and then I said to myself "Amy, knock it off. Your family is your very first priority, and that's where your focus needs to be right now." Again, DUH, right? Most of the time our life is pretty chill, and I have plenty of time to get plenty of other things done, but the past two weeks have just been survival mode for us, and that's okay. It would be different if I was sitting around doing nothing all day, but I don't. It has literally taken every ounce of energy and patience to deal with my children this past couple of weeks, and that's exactly where it should be spent.
3. In related news, my children actually slept in this morning, and so things are looking up for us. Hooray for this.
4. Recently BK and I have set up a little babysitting exchange with our friends Melanie and Dean. Mel and I take turns each weekend babysitting each other's children. But we go out after the kids are in bed, so it's a win-win situation. One couple gets to go out, and the other wife gets to have a completely quiet evening at the other person's house, and the other husband gets to sit at home playing videogames until she returns. Like I said, WIN-WIN, right??
5. I'm not quite sure why no one has told me how hilarious Parks and Recreation is, but I've discovered it lately and have been watching episodes here and there, and even though my abs still hurt from the church volleyball tournament, I've been laughing outloud uncontrollably. Ron is my favorite.
6. I think that is all the miscellaneous information I have to share at this time. Tonight we're having Melanie and Dean over for trick-or-treating and goodie-baking, so pictures will follow soon, I'm certain. Happy Halloween, everyone!