Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dearest Spencer Neal,

A few days ago we celebrated your half-birthday.  Upon both your and your brother's births, I asked your great-grandfather to pick a bundt cake recipe in your honor.  Yours is a yummy pound cake, and since it was your half-birthday, I made it for you.
You seemed pleased with the arrangement.
Your brother was not having his best day.
But you didn't care.
Your father pretended to be grumpy, too.  But he really wasn't.
Oh, good.  Your happy brother finally joined the family again.
In our family we allow members who are above the age of 18 months to participate in family prayer and scripture study.  Here's what you did during your first scripture study:
Yyyyeah.  So we have some work to do.

But anyway, I'm glad you're in our family.  You're turning into such a little man instead of a baby lately.  Your little (big) personality shines through more and more each day.  You're quite a spunky, spirited little thing.  So yes, you fit in quite perfectly with the rest of us.  
You took your first nursery-day a lot better than other members of our family have. *cough, cough, landon, cough, cough*  And while you still cried a little, I think you're going to adjust just fine.  Which is such a huge blessing for us, so thanks for that.  
You have brought so much joy to our lives.  Watching you and Landon interact as brothers has been one of  the highlights of my life so far.  You make Landon laugh more and harder than anyone else can.  And you can't even talk yet.  Ohhhhh, boy.  What are we in for?
You and your brother still share a room, and I hope you always will.  Even though we have bedrooms to spare, I want your friendship to grow.  Every night when we put you guys to bed, you lay in there and "talk" to each other.  Sometimes Landon sings you songs.  Mostly you just bounce around your crib pretending to bonk your head because it makes Landon laugh. And I am left mopping up my heart-puddle on the floor.  I know you won't always get along so well, but I just love it when you do.  Awwww,  BROTHERS!
You look just like your dad, and I like that about you.  
You only liked me for the first 13 months of your life.  And on Mother's day this past year, you decided you only liked your father.  And I was fine with that.  But lately I've been wishing you liked me a little bit more.  And wouldn't ya know, magically when you turned 18 months, you've turned into my little cuddlebug again!  Yayyyyy!
Thank you for being you.  I love you with all my heart, and I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings us!
Love,
Mama
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...