We closed on it on Friday and moved in Saturday morning. I still can't really believe it's ours.
(I still have to go back up to Dallas to clean and check out of our apartment in a few days--not really looking forward to that, but oh well.)
Some of the highlights of the move so far:
- NEW MATTRESS. BK still doesn't think there was anything wrong with our 8 year old mattress that I picked out with my 18-year-old back. He is wrong. We have the old one set up in our guest bedroom, and when I'm bored (or don't feel like unpacking), I go lay on it, and then I run to the master bedroom and lay on ours and then I almost tear up because the new one is just so heavenly.
- New living room furniture! We love love love our new couch and chair. They are so comfy, and most importantly don't require slipcovers! Thank you to BK's parents for contributing to this lovely graduation present!
- OUR HUGE BACKYARD. The boys love romping around out there. It's so awesome.
- No down-payment! I'm sure some of you are scratching your head wondering how we afforded to close on a house 7 days after BK's graduation. You might recall that my lovely husband served in the military. That means we qualify for a VA loan--which doesn't require a down-payment. We also got a lovely "relocation" bonus from BK's employer--and thanks to all you awesome people who helped us load and unload the truck, we got to spend the bulk of it on exciting things rather than movers.
- Record loading and unloading times. Load: 57 minutes. Unload: 30 minutes. Thank you again, all you lovely twenty-and-thirty-somethings who donated manual labor on our behalf. Especially all the complete strangers from our new ward. It made us feel really welcome. :)
- Our dining room table can now be set up WITH the leaf. Because we actually have a dining room. Amazing.
There have, of course, been other highlights. And I'm sure I will eventually find my camera cord. But for now I should probably go finish the last of the unpacking.
So when are you coming to visit us?
Soon?
Good.