Yes, those are swimming noodles ghetto-rigged to my baby gate.
Let me explain.
This blasted baby gate has been the bane of my existence ever since we moved in. I did not want young Spencer falling down the stairs, and so I wanted a gate that attached into the wall.
To make a long story short, installing it was...a learning experience for me, and resulted in about 16 large holes in the brand new wall.
But then I had another learning experience with spackling and touch-up paint, and learned that you really can cover up holes and they look as good as new. But I still didn't feel safe reinstalling the baby gate on the spackled holes.
So I moved it up a few inches.
And I'm pretty sure it took Landon 18 seconds to realize he could go under it.
And another 18 second for Spencer to learn how to do it.
So then, after crossing off several other ideas I had on my list, I suddenly thought of those lovely half-noodles I had left over from Landon's birthday party, and they fit perfectly!
My children are trapped once again, and I am happy.
They are not happy about it, for the record. But I don't care.
BOO-YAH, children. BOOOO--YAAHHHHH.
Also, for the record, I do plan on spray-painting it white. Neon noodles don't exact fit in with the decorating motif I had in mind...
;)