Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3, 2012


So I did end up getting my reading-on-a-rainy-afternoon time in the other day.  It was grand.
I've also recently been getting more into canning with my new pressure canner.  I made apple pie filling the other night and put whipped cream on the leftovers and ate it.  It was SO GOOD.  mmmmm.

I got a parking ticket on Sunday night in front of Dean and Melanie's house.  Ouch.  
Landon decided to take a nap next to me during my rainy Saturday afternoon reading. So cute.

This week has been a fun one so far.  I decided to go check out this super cute little Amish grocery store/ deli in Lott on Monday afternoon.  I will definitely be going back sometime! I also had the chance to help out some friends on Monday--and it put me in a really good mood.  Monday night we had Troy & Whitney & kids over for Family Home Evening and smoothies.  

Yesterday I dropped Landon off at preschool, and then Whitney and I and the remaining kiddos went over to Allison's house to learn more about canning.  We had a really great time hanging out and chatting, and I think this will go down as the first time in history that Spencer had a playdate at a house and i DIDNT have to go check on him every 5 seconds to make sure he hadn't broken something/run away/ hit somebody/etc.  He just played with the other babies there, and was completely well-behaved for the entire time!  Which was like 5 hours! After that we jetted back to get Landon. The boys and I went over to Melanie's house to drop off Rome's birthday present (a green car that lights up and plays rap music.  perfect.) and ran into Moriah and her kiddos there, too! So we had a little impromptu playdate until it was dinner/daddy time. Later  I went to a volleyball game and then to book club, and had a great time with friends at both of those!

Today I took the boys to Walmart to get some more diapers.  Then we went to the library to check out some more books. Then we ate lunch at Sam's with Troy & Whitney & kids.  Nothing beats a $1.70 hot dog and soda.  Then we went to the zoo with them.  Always a good time at the zoo.  This evening I'm watching their kiddos so they can go out for their anniversary, and I am DYING looking forward to holding their sweet little baby boy Rafe allllll evening long.  He is the cutest, sweetest baby!

This past weekend was a rough weekend for me.  The rainy weather certainly didn't help the cooped-up, stressed-out feeling.  But as usual, life always gets better.  This week has been a really positive one so far--with lots to do and great times with friends--and BEAUTIFUL weather!

The only downside of being so fun-busy this week, is that my house has devolved into a cluttered mess... so I think I'll go clean up for a bit before BK gets home.  Spencer is taking a late nap, and Landon is watching a dinosaur show.  So I think I'll put on some headphones and rock out to find some motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...