Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8, 2012


This weekend was conference weekend.  It was nice to just have a relaxing weekend--however, I'm not sure we really got much out of conference with our children running around--but we tried our best and look forward to reading the talks soon!

In between sessions, Melanie enticed me to come over with the promise of a snickers brownie.  There probably isn't anything I wouldn't do for one of those.  They're definitely one of my favorite desserts!  We ended up going on a walk with some of the kids to enjoy the cool weather and get out of the house.  I'm glad we have friends that live so close.  And I'm glad that they know how to make Snickers brownies.

We watched some more conference, and then Troy & Whitney & kiddos came over for dinner.  We made tomato soup and they brought grilled cheese sandwiches... then we made pumpkin bars.  BK and I are so blessed to have already made so many good friends in the area.  We just love it.  I've decided that I could pretty much be happy anywhere as long as I was living in a house I liked and had good people to hang out with. Even Waco, TX.

Today I packed up the boys and we headed down to the Waco Municipal Court to contest a parking ticket.  I'll have to start watching Law & Order again to prepare for my pre-trial on December 6!

This weekend I was really feeling the side-effects of the fertility meds that I'm on.  I know I don't have much to complain about in life if this is my biggest "trial" at the moment--but it's been really tough for me.  Frustration about even having to take it again after we lucked out so much with Spencer, extreme moodiness and irritability, nausea, hot flashes, and the list goes on.  It's no fun at all.  I'm trying to stay positive and count my blessings and just blaze through it, but it's still just really frustrating for me because I just don't feel like "me" when I'm crying at the drop of a hat and blowing up over ridiculous things.  It's just hard.  I'm not convinced that the low dose they have me on is even working, and we'll know for sure on Friday if it did, after they run some lab tests--and if it's not, they will double the dose.  I've been on these meds before and had to have the dose doubled before, and I remember how it really did double the side effects, too, and so that for sure concerns me.  I just hope this will be a quick ordeal.  In the meantime, I'll just have to redouble my efforts to stay on track in life and try to stay as positive as I can.  As I listened to conference (when my children weren't fighting over trains) I felt prompted to start looking for the Lord's hand in my life in "small" ways--to help me feel more grateful and positive.  Anyway, end rant!

The sunshine is out today, and it's in the 50s.  It's so beautiful.  I just love Texas, and I'm glad our life path has brought us back here at this time in our lives!





2 comments:

  1. i thought of you during conference. true story. i cant remember during which talk, but i just felt so much love for you. random and a little creepy, i know! thank you for being transparent through your trial. it has helped me in ways you wouldn't believe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vanessa! :) You and your boys need to road trip down to Waco and come have a playdate with us soon. I'd love to catch up! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...