When did I all of the sudden have three kids? It still seems surreal when I post pictures of three kids, instead of just one, or even any at all. It seems like the more kids I have, the faster that life goes. It's harder to stay on top of everything in my life with three children, but in a way, it helps balance life that I can't spend too much time overly worrying about one thing, because something new is bound to pop up at any given moment. There is always a need to be filled, a cheek to be kissed, a tear to wipe away... it's chaotic, but it's a good kind of chaos mostly.
This week has been one where I've just felt like my best wasn't good enough--that I lack patience and understanding, and a whole list of other things. But I just keep praying that I'll find it in myself to find patience and understanding that I didn't know that I had. Because I know it's there, I just have to wrap my mind around this new "normal" and figure out how best I fit into all of it.
I would expound, but it's time to go pick Landon up from school! (See what I mean about not having a ton of time to get overly worked up about one thing?!) Spending time in the car-line at first was a huge chore, but based on the suggestion of a friend, I started using that time to read my scriptures. I pack a snack for Spencer, and we sit in the car for 10 or 15 minutes, waiting until 3:20 when Landon actually gets out, and I read the Book of Mormon and write my thoughts on the chapter I read. It's actually really nice to have 10-15 minutes that I'm literally strapped into my seat unable to be distracted by anything else-- a nice peaceful moment before all three kids are reunited for the last part of the day while I'm trying to make dinner and nurse a baby and all the rest of everything else...
I'm really looking forward to the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday. I think it will be the perfect timing for me to just sit and listen to some happy, positive words, at the end of a long week. My heart is definitely open and in need of some encouragement, and I know I'll find it there!! I don't often just get to sit and listen in church anymore... three kids in sacrament meeting, so that explains that, and then being in primary with the kids (which I love, but still...)... I'm just really looking forward to it!!
Off to the car line I go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment