Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sept 26, 2012

This morning we took Landon to get his ears re-checked, after he failed his hearing test last month because of an ear infection.  He passed with flying colors today.  Looks like there's no more excuses for disobedience.... We actually got in and out of the doctor's office in record time, and Spencer didn't have any meltdowns.  PHEW.

We came home and some friends came over for a little meeting we were having to plan our church Trunk or Treat for Halloween.  It went well and the kids played.

After Spence woke up from his nap, I decided to go to Kohl's to spend my $10 coupon I got in the mail.  I usually let the boys pick out a puzzle or board game with the money.  Today after they applied the coupon, we got a Thomas the Train ABC puzzle for $0.42!!  SCORE!

Landon and Spencer were squabbling in the backseat over who got to hold it, so I called off the after-Kohl's party at Three Spoons, which Landon was especially upset about.  However, I told him that we could maybe go another day when brothers were getting along.  He started wailing.

I quickly realized that the last three hours was going to go at snail's pace listening to that.  He had already exhausted all possibilities at home--outside, hose, puzzles, trains, books, etc--so I drove straight to a park and let them play.

It was one of the most peaceful two hours I have had in a LONG time.

The weather was perfect.  So perfect I didn't even notice if I was hot or cold, just comfortable.  The boys quickly found kids to play with, and they just played for two hours.  They never seem to be able to do that at the park without bugging me for snacks, attention, etc.  I'm not sure what was different today, but I just sat on a bench and watched them run around, and engaged in one of my all-time favorite hobbies--people-watching.

Finally I tore them away from the playground around 5pm.  We came home, and Landon asked if he could choose what we had for dinner. He decided upon "Macky cheese... the REG-U-LAR kind, mom.  NOT the taco kind."  Lately, I've been adding diced tomatoes and taco seasoning to mac&cheese to make it more bearable, but apparently he hates it.  So tonight we had the reg-u-lar kind.  With some corn on the cob, too.

The boys played outside with BK after dinner while I chatted on the phone with my mom until it was time for bed and time for BK to go help the scouts at church.  BK left, and I put the boys to bed.  We decided to record some songs and sent them to my mom and sisters.  My boys are such divas.  Cute divas.

My mom called Landon immediately to discuss his song, and he had fun chatting with her for a few minutes before going to bed.

I sat down to record my thoughts on today, and I heard my TV on upstairs.  I went upstairs to find Spencer in my bed with all of his munchies (blankies) watching Curious George.  That little rat apparently not only knows how to sneak out of his bedroom undetected, but how to work Netflix on my TV now, too.  ?!?!?  What am I going to DO with him??

I marched him back to his room, and I asked Landon if HE had turned on the TV for Spence.  Landon said that he hadn't.  "Mom!  He did it all by himself, he's such a big boy!"  Spencer looked up at me and flashed a cheesy grin.  I tried not to laugh as I reminded them both that it wasn't a good choice to sneak into my room to watch TV.

So again, today wasn't really that exciting.  Just a normal day!  But I hope that by getting back in the habit of writing again (and maybe taking more pictures!!) that I'll find interesting things to write about.  So stay tuned! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...