Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Rainy Monday

I like it when I think that a day is going to be horrible, and then it isn't.

Like today.

It's raining and cold outside.  This morning my children were grumpy, and I had horrible visions of being trapped all day inside our 950 sq ft apartment with both of them--with no groceries and nothing to do.

But somehow I found the energy to get out and go to the store anyway.  And we actually had a good time at the store.  And then the three of us went out and got some cheap lunch.  And then we rented a couple movies from redbox.

And even though it's raining outside, we've had a pretty good day hanging out on the couch together and eating snacks.

And although some days I hopefully wonder what it will be like to have my children in school and have the whole day to myself, it's days like today that make me tear up just thinking about how lonely I would be without these two.  While grocery shopping really would be quicker, lunch would be cheaper, and I could rent different movies, I wouldn't have anyone to enjoy it with.

I'm glad the three of us have this time to hang out during the day.  They grow up way, way too fast, and I will forever cherish the time I have had at home with them before the day they go off and leave me and go to kindergarten.

The day they go to kindergarten?!?! Talk about a horrible day....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...