Today has been sort of a downer. No real reason in particular--maybe because it was cloudy this morning? Maybe because I woke up at 3am to find Landon in my bed and took him back to his... then Owen woke up at 5:15am and I fed him and then he was up fussing for several hours? Yeah, probably a combination of those things. Spencer has been a cheerful little thing today though and happily played while I laid on the floor reading and resting during Owen's nap this morning. He is such a creative little thing. I love it.
I decided that maybe a good pick-me-up would be to list some things that I'm grateful for.
- The weather the past few days has been gorgeous. High 70s. And it's December. We went to the park yesterday and I just loved being out in the sunshine watching the boys run around with their friends. I'm grateful the older two are at ages that I don't have to worry about them falling off something or climbing too high. And Owen is young enough he'll just stay in his stroller. So I can actually chat with my friends and enjoy the park too!
- I'm thankful for personal revelation. I was wondering about how to solve a problem and received an explanation that really made sense to me. It was about forgiveness. I wondered about choices other people make and how they ever truly get fixed to the point you can forgive. And in my mind popped an analogy about how the Savior is like a physician. Physicians fix problems that they didn't create all of the time. We can injure each other physically and not have the capabilities to heal the wound, because we lack the training and knowledge. We can injure each other emotionally and not really have capabilities to heal those wounds past just being sorry. So when we're injured, we need to turn to the Master Physician and let him fix it. Because He's the only one who can. Anyway, I thought it was a neat thought, so I wanted to share.
- I'm thankful for my living arrangement. I take it for granted all of the time. But I really shouldn't have many complaints in life. I have a beautiful home and food on the table and nice people to share it with. It doesn't really get much better than that.
- I'm thankful for Christmas traditions. Our boys are getting old enough that we are creating some of our own, and it's really fun to think about how they might evolve over time. I ordered a bunch of Christmas books the other day and wrapped them last night. We are going to do the 12 days of Christmas Books this year, starting next week, and I'm excited to sit on the couch each night with my babies, freshly bathed, reading by the light of the Christmas tree. I'm sure it won't be that idyllic every night, but if that moment happens just once, it will be worth it!
Well, I've decided I'm about three years overdue for a blog book, so I'm off to start designing them! Happy Wednesday to us all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment