I of course meant to write about this weeks ago before I forgot all the details, but better late than never!
Back in October I had some blood tests done that confirmed the fertility medication that I was on was working. It didn't mean it was pregnant, but it meant I was on the right track.
Several days before the day I had chosen to take a pregnancy test, I got in my usual funk. I just wanted to hurry up and take the test and get the negative test, and then mope around and then get over it. I didn't want to prolong that for several more days. Maybe it would even be positive a few days later, but at least I would have already prepared myself for the worst.
I was in the middle of sewing Halloween costumes and could distract myself no longer. BK was on a phonecall or something, and I slipped away to take the test. I said a prayer that when it was negative that I would get over it quickly.
Only a few seconds later I found myself staring in disbelief at this:
I think I was too shocked to even cry or shout for joy. I was literally dumbfounded. This was the third time in my entire life I had ever gotten a positive pregnancy test.
I wanted to wait to tell BK in some cute way. But I am horrible at keeping secrets. My sisters were the first to find out--via a txt message with the picture. I told a couple of other friends, mainly to get ideas about how to surprise BK. Finally, I realized there was no way I was going to be able to keep such a happy thing from him. I wrote a little note that said "Baby P #3 June 2013" and wrapped the test in it and stuck it under his pillow. He finally came to bed and found it. He was, of course, thrilled.
I spent the next couple of days in a wonderful, happy fog. Heavenly Father hadn't forgotten me. He had heard my prayers. He had a plan for me. He always had, and I should've had more faith. But isn't that always the case?
Several weeks later found me, BK, and Spencer in a doctor's office getting an ultrasound. There on the screen was one tiny bean with a beating heart. Such a miracle. Even though this is the third time, it doesn't ever take away from that miraculous moment.
I have felt more tired this pregnancy than either of the two before, but I haven't thrown up once! That almost makes me nervous that maybe something is wrong, but I'll have another ultrasound on Thursday that will hopefully lay my paranoia to rest. I have plenty of other ridiculous pregnancy symptoms keeping me company, I should just be grateful that vomiting all day long like the last two isn't on that list, I suppose!
Anyway, even a couple of months later, this all still feels like a dream to me. It's hard to really wrap my mind around the fact that in about 6 1/2 months, I'll have a warm, snuggly, helpless, divinely-smelling newborn to hold. I'm just so, so grateful I get to do it all again.


Tears of JOY! So very happy for you Amy:)
ReplyDeleteAmy, I am thrilled at the news! I have recently experienced infertillity and it is the absolute worst thing a woman has to go through. I'm so happy for you and your family.
ReplyDelete