Dearest Landon Keith,
Since you came into the world four-and-half years ago, you have made many life-long dreams of mine come true. As cheesy as that sounds, I'm not going to apologize for it because it's absolutely true.
I wanted to tell you quickly about another one today.
For many years, even before I married your lovely father, I thoroughly enjoyed the yearly primary program at church. I especially loved watching the sunbeam boys feign reverence for an hour and a half. I always wished that someday I would be lucky enough to have a sunbeam boy in the primary program. There were years I wondered if I ever would.
But today, as I sat in the audience and watched you there, sitting with your sunbeam class in the program, I teared up remembering how many of these I had seen without you in them. And I was so proud of you. You looked like such a little stud! So reverent, and you even knew all the words to the songs!
In all of my sunbeam-boy-coveting in the past, I never could have dreamed of how perfect my little four year old boy would be. You're everything I've ever wanted in a son and more. You're such a good big brother to Spencer. ("MOM. Don't let him play with the fly swatter!! It has DISEASES on it!!") You look out for your dad. ("But, Mom, shouldn't we save some of this candy for Dad so HE can have some when he gets home from work?") You take such good care of me when I'm not feeling well. ("Mom, do you need to lay down and take a rest and read your favorite book? I'll come snuggle with you and watch a show in your bed and take care of you.")
Anyway, just wanted you to know that today I was thinking of you and what a wonderful blessing you are in my life. Thank you for being such a wonderful little sunbeam in the primary program today. It was an answer to many prayers long ago--as is your presence in our family, in general.
I'm so glad I get to be your mom.
Love,
Mom
