Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Powder Room Redo!

I really should be cleaning my house right now.  We're having guests this weekend. But I sort of got distracted finished up our powder room project.  So anyway, here it is!

After searching through many, many color palettes, eventually I settled on this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/68498534/


Here is powder room before:


Pretty boring, right?
It's a teeny tiny little room with no window and off-white paint.  So it felt like a yellow cave.

First we painted 3 out of 4 of the walls WHITE.  Bright white.


Then we painted an accent wall a pretty mossy green color.


MVP award goes to BK for being the most awesome stripe-taper EVER.

Then we painted a bright, sunny, lemony yellow.


And, voila!  Cute, sunny stripes!  No more yellow-cave!


We then added a piece of white trim, and at this point decided to paint the bottom half white to brighten up the room.
We purchased hand towels, a rug, and a toliet seat cover at Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

Then today, I painted and installed a pretty white shelf!

And filled it with decor.
Which I already want to rearrange.  But this at least gives you an idea.
My budget for this project was $200. (Rugs, towels, paint, shelf, trim, decor, everything.)
My grand total?
$200.46.

Hooray for sunny powder rooms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...