For the past three springs I've noticed all the beautiful wildflowers we have around here, and always wanted to pick them and put them in a vase on my mantle. But I would procrastinate and procrastinate and before I knew it summer was here and the flowers were long gone.
Yesterday I noticed them again and I resolved to make it happen. We picked Landon up from school and headed home, loaded Owen in the stroller, and off we went. We found a good field by our neighborhood, and found all of the colors of the rainbow. The sun was shining and the flowers looked even more vibrant all bunched together in Spencer's Lightning McQueen cup in the stroller tray.
And then we returned home, whiny and weary from our travels, having procured the arrangement I had dreamt up in my head. I love how "Texas" it is.
Today's weather did not disappoint either. A friend and I headed to the zoo and spent two and a half hours letting our littles run around in the sunshine while we explored our deep thoughts and feelings about motherhood and womanhood and the balance between the two. I walked away feeling uplifted and encouraged, as is the case with every good "girl chat"--right?
So far life is looking better in the spring. Check ya later, winter!!
No comments:
Post a Comment