This is where my boys and I have been for the past week.
See? Here we are:
My lovely friend Melanie invited us to come out to her parents' beach house, and since I was dealing with post-Christmas-ineedavacation-ness, I pretty much hopped in my car and started driving.Some of the miraculous events that occured on our trip to Topsail Island are listed below:
- Landon kept a dry pull-up for a total of 39 HOURS ROUNDTRIP in the car. I wouldn't have even cared if he hadn't, but that's seriously impressive.
- Somehow Landon didn't die of dehydration since apparently he wasn't drinking enough to wet his pants in the car...?
- Anyway
- My kids were AWESOME on the trip to and from the beachhouse. Seriously, I could NOT believe how GOOD they were. I would do it again in a heartbeat, and it's the day after. Who SAYS that the day after a roadtrip?? ME. Because apparently my kids rock at roadtrips. That's how we roll.
- Last night they slept in the car for the last SIX HOURS of the trip.
- Any crying ceased after about 5 minutes.
- We didn't run out of fruit snacks until almost the end of the trip.
- The coyote-deer-whateveritwas that tried to kill me on the last 45 minutes of the trip did not succeed.
- I drove the speed limit last night all the way from Meridian, MS to Waco, TX. And even below the speed limit. (see above about the coyote-deer)
- It turns out 5-hour-energy drinks really DO work.
- The beach was, of course, magical.
- Landon: "Heavenly Father made us beaches, huh, mom."
- DOLPHINS.
- Melanie and I did NOT get hypothermia from going boogie-boarding in the waves.
- Because apparently wetsuits really DO work.
- My children shared a room even during naptime on the trip, and weren't acting like sleep-deprived maniacs MOST of the time!
- We ate AMAZING food.
- More specifically: nutella cheeseball, blooming onion bread, homemade pizza rolls, awesome birthday cake, and corndogs.
- Soooo many parks to play at.
- And maybe once the sleep-deprivation-dizziness wears off, I'll remember even MORE!!
Stay tuned!!


